DECLARATION AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
Note: Parent or legal guardian must agree to the Declaration and Waiver of Liability if the person registering is under 18 years of age.
The parent or legal guardian accepts and voluntarily assumes the risks of personal injury or property damage that may result from this potentially hazardous activity on behalf of the child. Any person registering on behalf of other participants accepts and voluntarily assumes all risks associated with acceptance of this Declaration and Waiver of Liability.
I acknowledge and confirm the following:
- That the Charity Llama Hike is entered into by me voluntarily and at my own request and that I waive any and all claims I may now or in future have against, and release from all liability and agree not to sue (the “Organiser”), their officers, employees, guides, agents or representatives (collectively referred to herein as the “Staff”) in respect of any personal injury, death, property damage, or loss sustained by me as a result of my participation in this adventure event due to any cause whatsoever, including without any limitation, negligence on the part of the Organiser or their Staff.
- I am aware that this adventure event, in addition to the usual dangers and risks inherent in such an event has certain additional dangers and risks, some of which may include physical exertion for which I may not be prepared, weather extremes being subject to sudden and unexpected change, injured, taken ill or otherwise disabled in any way.
- I accept all the risks inherent in this proposed adventure event including all usual and additional risks and whether or not such risks are expressly stated above, and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage or loss resulting there-from.
- I am aware that there may be existing physical obstacles containing mud and water or a physical requirements to climb, crawl and traverse uneven and rough terrain that may present an added risk to injury during this event in addition to the injuries that may occur due to the physical requirements for completion of the hike. I attest and verify that I am physically fit and have sufficiently trained for the completion of this event.
- I acknowledge that the enjoyment and excitement of adventure events which I seek is derived in part from the risks inherent in activity beyond the accepted and customary safety of life at home or work, and that these inherent risks are a significant reason for my participation in this adventure event.
- I agree that if I suffer injury or illness of any kind whatsoever the Organiser or his representative or Staff can, at my cost, arrange medical treatment and emergency evacuation service, as the Organiser or his representative or Staff deems essential for my safety or for the safety of other participants in the adventure event. (Note: Llama Farma advises against participating in this event if you are pregnant due to the physical nature of the hike. If you are pregnant you must consult a medical practitioner before racing, and Llama Farma recommends that participants speak to their obstetrician or treating doctor.)
I declare that the information provided in the registration form is correct and that I have not withheld any information or material. I indemnify and will keep indemnified the Organiser against all costs, losses or damages arising from or in relation to my attendance at or participation in the event including the attendance or participation of any person in my care. I agree that I will not take any legal or illegal substance before or during the event that may affect my judgment or physical responses during the event. I understand that the Organiser reserves the right to cancel the Charity Llama Hike, at their sole discretion, in the event of the activity being deemed unsafe due to weather conditions or any other event that may occur. I understand that the Organiser has the right to stop me from participating in the event if I am deemed unfit or at risk to participate. I grant the Organiser and the Event Partners authority to use photographs taken during this event to be used in promotional and advertising material for the Organiser’s and Event Partner’s purposes. Further, I hereby grant full permission to any and all of the aforementioned entities to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other record of my participation in this event for any legitimate purpose including commercial advertising. I consent to the free use of my name and pictures of me in any broadcast, telecast and print by the Organiser and/or the Event Sponsors in relation to the event. I agree that if I do not participate in the event for any reason, my entry fee will not be refunded and no liability will attach to the Organiser or the Event Sponsors in relation to this.
I hereby state that I have read the event rules for the Charity Llama Hike as outlined below and on the event website and I agree to abide by the following:
- All participants agree to the online waiver and declaration which releases and indemnifies the Llama Farma in regards to acknowledgment of risks, injury and obligations.
- Failure to commence your designated wave on time will result in cancellation of your registration and a refund will not be issued.
- Any intentional physical contact or unsportsmanlike behaviour will be grounds for removal from Hike.
- After completion of your leg, participants must exit the course after they reach the finish line.
- Spectators are not permitted to follow the hiking groups on the Trail without registration.
- All participants must wear closed shoes while hiking or handling Llama
- No BYO alcohol.
- The consumption of alcohol or illicit drugs before or during your leg is strictly forbidden. If it is suspected you are affected by illicit drugs or alcohol the Organisers have the right to prevent you from participating.
- During the hike participants must stay within the sight of their group leader at all times.
- Participants must follow the instructions marshals and staff at all times.
I agree to abide by the directions of officials and I understand that my registration may be voided if through my actions or behaviour, in the opinion of the Organisers, I break any of the rules or I bring the event into disrepute or any person including myself into danger. I further understand that the Organisers reserve the right to reject any registration without having to justify their actions. In entering into this agreement, I am not relying on any representations or statements by the Organiser or his Staff whatsoever, including but not limited to oral, written or visual representations, or any other inducement or coercion to go on the adventure event. Rather, I do so solely of my own free will after making my own independent assessment of the risks and benefits. I confirm that I am either over the age of 18 years or my guardian or parent agrees that this agreement will be binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and successors. I agree that this agreement shall be governed in all respects by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Tasmania, Australia I confirm I have read and agreed to the terms and conditions above, and if I have registered on behalf of others they have also read and agreed to these conditions
Name of entrant or guardian………………………………………………………… DOB__ / __ / __
Signature ……………………………………………………………………..… Date __ / __ / __